Napo Masheane was born in Soweto and grew up in Qwaqwa (Free State). Napo is a founding member of Feela Sista! Spoken Word Collective and nominee of the Daimler Chrysler South African Poetry Award in 2005. Her work credits includes, studding and working with the:
- Market Theatre Foundation
- Theater Siberia (Holland)
- University of Johannesburg, Joburg Theatre (SABC)
- Fuba, University of California (Los Angeles)
- Jungel Theater in Germany
- Farnebo College (Sweden)
- The British Council.
In 2006 she published her first poetry anthology ‘Caves Speak In Metaphors’. She was named one of the Top 100 youth in South Africa by the Mail & Guardian 2007.